Pilates… Tell me more!
So lets start back when Pilates was created. It was created by Joseph Pilates, a German-born fitness guru, back in the 1920’s. Joseph created unique sequences of movements that worked the mind and muscles in harmony.
Joseph Pilates had a vision and mission to change the state of the world’s health crisis through movement, good nutrition, improved quality of sleep, spending time outdoors, and spending quality time with family and friends.
This was back in the 1930’s and as most of you are aware we are still dealing with the same lifestyle and health issues today.
Joseph believed that health forms the basis to living a happy life and if you attained “normal health”, you could live more useful, productive years and enjoy life to it’s fullest capacity.
“Pilates develops the body uniformly, corrects wrong postures, restores physical vitality, invigorates the mind, and elevates the spirit’ – Joseph Pilates
So why choose to incorporate Pilates into your exercise routine?
- It assist with recovery from injuries by strengthening what some people would know at the ‘core’ or in Pilates at Village Physio we call our T-zone which makes up our pelvic floor and transverse abdominals.
- Prevention of injuries by creating strong stabilising muscles throughout the body
- Improves posture and body awareness: by working the postural muscles and encouraging movements with precision, purpose and direction.
- Gain total body conditioning and toning
- Corrects muscle imbalances: as it aims to strengthening any muscles that are weak and stretch any muscles that may be tight. This builds correct movement patterns for your body
The Village Physio Pilates team (Maddie and Amy) are passionate about teaching as many people as we can how to get the most out of their body and enjoyment in life with a Pilates approach to health, fitness and wellness.
Our classes are designed to help you feel strong and confident with your body. All exercises are appropriate to the needs of our clients, and will be adjusted to each individual when required. So call us today on (02) 42 963 907 to book a Pilates class.
AND at the moment we have 2 great introductory offers:
- Free initial pilates class, because we know you’ll be back for more 🙂
- Our introductory offer of $100 for an initial 1-on-1 30 minutes pilates class and 5 casual pilates class visits.
So get in quick and try a pilates class at Village Physio today!
Osteopath and Pilates Instructor